MAJOR: COMMUNICATION DESIGN
FIRST SEMESTER INTERN AT KCSC RADIO
What genres are you listening to currently?
- I listen to a lot of blues-ey alternative. New age music that incorporates a lot of guitar and has a trance feel to it, like Tame Impala. It really just depends on my mood, but I just like feel good music most of the time.
Do you play any instruments?
- I dabble in ukulele and I sing. My mom knows how to play every instrument. Guitar, clarinet, oboe, tuba piano, bassoon, trumpet, brass instrument. Literally every wind instrument. She’s awesome.
What’s your favorite show you’ve ever been to?
- Tame Impala
If you could see ANY artist right now live, dead or alive, who would you choose?
- Jimi Hendrix. That would be awesome. Or Pearl Jam, that’d be cool, too.
Do you have any songs that are stuck on repeat recently?
- I try to listen to songs that I don’t keep listening to over and over. I feel like when you listen to a song over and over, you don’t recognize it like a treasure anymore. I want to listen to each song and hold on to it, not burn it out. If I had to choose a song it would either be “This Magic Moment” by The Drifters or “Formation” by Beyoncé. I turn that on in the morning and that song get me going.
How long do you listen to music every day?
- I’d say like 5 hours a day I listen to music. I have a 3 hour long art class so I just plug in my headphones and paint while listening to music the whole time.
If you had the choice to live in another time what decade would you choose?
- Honestly the 60s. It was kind of a fun time to be alive. There was counter-culture, a music revolution, a sexual revolution, a lot of people protesting against war, and it was all very new. I can just imagine myself just drinking my milkshake in a little diner. It would be cool.
Do you have a spirit animal?
- Wim Hof. This guys breathing and mind control techniques have been scientifically proven to regulate his nervous system and immune system. They basically but him in Finland where the temperature is -4°F for 5 hours. All he was wearing was boxers and he kept his body temperature at 98°F. He’s like this limitless superhuman that shows that you can do anything with your mind, and it reminds me that I can do anything no matter what situation I’m in. My second spirit animal would be Beyoncé. She embraces her sexuality and being a woman, and it makes me feel like I can do the same.